Old Hand Written Letter
How do you let friends and relatives know the latest news? How did people communicate before modern technology? Are there similarities in the contents of a letter written in the 1800s with an email or phone call today? What clues can you find in a letter that will lead to more information?
Let’s look at an old letter and see what we can learn about the author, his plans, travel, transportation, and the time period during the expansion of the United States. Look for clues in the letter to answer these questions.
- Educational level: Secondary Education
- Subject area: Technology, Advanced English, Geography and History
- Author: Linda C. Joseph
- Publisher: Cyber Bee
- Date: 2009
- Language: English
- Resource Format:
- Aggregation level: Didactic Sequence
- Learning Resource Type: Webquest, real project
- Copyright and Other Restrictions: Propietary licence
NOTE: This resource is not hosted in the EducaMadrid servers; thus, its accessibility cannot be guaranteed.